Monday, July 14, 2008

Tons of Fun with Jersey Woolies and Standard Chinchillas

Well the monroe show was fun even though it was a bit warm for the buns. It was still a great time seeing good friends again.

In SHOW A I was amazed to find out that there were 23 standard chinchillas entered! And I had only entered 3! Liz and Margaret were both there, and it was thrilling to see all of their wonderful animals. Liz had a really cute little junior buck who has just stellar surface color! He had waves all the way up to his shoulders! It was a sight to see! It was wonderful to have classes as large as 10 junior does! Those are some firsts for standard chinchillas at a show other than Washington State Convention.

Overall, the chins did pretty good. I entered Scott's TP2 Junior Buck who placed 2 of 4, and Scott's TP3 Junior Doe who placed 3 out of 10. I also entered M an' M's Zoli, my favorite little chin girl...(she is my baby ^_^)...and she took Best Of Breed even with her never ending moult line! Cliff Dick really did like her, and I was happy about that, as I think she is a pretty nice doe too! M an' M's Zoli now has her 2nd leg. Here is a picture of Zoli before she started getting her moult line.


M an' M's Zoli
Best Of Breed Standard Chinchilla
GNRCG Show A

By the way, there were no standard chinchillas shown in the B show. Its just something weird about the chin breeders, they just don't stick around for show B. ^_^

So, as for the woolies, the numbers were also pretty good. There was about 15 or so woolies, so a few animals got legs.

Here were my results.

SHOW A:

Best of Breed: M an' M's Tootie Fruitie (3rd leg)
Best Opposite Sex of Breed: M an' M's Bebop (8th leg)

SHOW B:

Best of Breed: M an' M's Tootie Fruitie (4th leg)
Best Opposite Sex of Breed: Kay'z Karter (out of my stock, owned by Alex of WA state)


M an' M's Tootie Fruitie
Self Jersey Wooly Junior Doe
Best of Breed GNRCG Show A and B

M an' M's Bebop
Shaded Senior Buck Jersey Wooly
Best Opposite Sex of Breed GNRCG Show A


One more thing I would like to add to this post is a couple pictures of this super cute little Blue doe M an' M's Empress, out of Leapin's Eclipse and Rolling Hill's MacKay. She is going to be really nice, and I can't wait to put her on the show tables.

M an' M's Empress
Blue Junior Doe Jersey Wooly
Leapin's Eclipse X Rolling Hill's MacKay


Isn't she just a doll!

Anyways, in the next day or so I will write up a post about the new Standard Chinchilla stock that has been incorporated into the M an' M Rabbitry herd. They are some pretty nice animals, and have a lot of potential.

Until I post about the new chin stock,

Toodles,

-Ashley


No comments: