Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Saint Helens, OR Show: Before and After

Well, its been quite busy with the buns and critters lately. Here is the news:

1. Due to the cold weather and one of my stinky birds knocking down the heat lamp, all but one of Sophie's litter and Coconut's kit froze to death. So now all that is left is a chinchilla kit. How sad...all my silver martens died! Oh well, just have to do some more breedings to get silver martens.

2. I finally got around to doing some breedings after the last batch of buns kindling and before some of my bucks left at the Saint Helens show. So on January 24th I bred:

M an' M's Coconut X Leapin's Eclipse, in hopes of getting something other than a Frosted Pearl Marten!

M an' M's Daffodil X Leapin's Eclipse, a repeate breeding to produce another Ashlind ^_^

M an' M's Ashlind X WWR's Peewee, in hopes of getting some Otters!

Bunnies in the Box's Sophie X Sugar Creek's Pizza Roll, in hopes of getting some more Silver Martens.

3. Well, Friday the 25th, was an eventful day. Karli and I made our trip down to Astoria to pick up another 2 condos for her buns and eventually to the show room in Saint Helens to set up. On the way there we dropped off a pair of peruvian cavies, and a black otter jersey wooly junior buck. Once we had finally gotten to the showroom, not to mention it was pretty cold out, we unloaded as quick as possible and headed to my aunt's house for the night. But we weren't ready to hit the hay yet. We only had another 15 rabbits to tattoo. LOL. I think we have finally gotten a hang of the clamp tattooer that I bought about 5 months ago...all of the tattoos came out perfect! We were very delighted.

So the day of the show came. It was nice and warm in the show room. Yea Heat! As the show progressed the icicles on the bushes outside the building continued to get longer and longer, the weather was surely acting up. As for the show, it was a blast! I was so happy to meet so many new Jersey Wooly rabbit breeders. In show A there was 54 Jersey Woolies! WOW. There was enough woolies in each group so that the BOG animals each got a leg. It was great! In show B there was 59! The only thing that bummed me out was that there was no comment cards! And several of my juniors I brought to get comments on. So it was difficult trying to listen to everything and put animals on the table...Oh well.

As of what I know here are a few of my buns that got legs. I expect to get a few others in the mail that I didn't get to listen to on a few juniors. Anyways, here is what I know:

Show A:

M an' M's Bebop got BOG and BOSB

M an' M's Zane got BOG


Show B:

M an' M's Zane got BOG

Overall it was a wonderful show!

Here are some buns that left at the show:

WWR's Peewee and M an' M's Jambi went to Robin and Brandon (I hope you like them)

M an' M's Crazy Town went to Becky for her agouti project

M an' M's Common Sense went to Meadow for her agouti project

4. I almost forgot...Chins! Yep, I took a few chins to the show. Got some great comments and possibly a new partner in crime. It looks like Scott W., an Oregon Standard Chinchilla breeder and judge, loves my chins! Yea! I am pretty sure that we will be swapping some stock sooner than later. I got both BOB and BOSB in both shows...so hopefully some more legs for my critters. I will just have to wait and see what comes in the mail.

5. When I got home from the show I came home to a few surprises! Well snow was one of them....and cute babies were another. Today, in the snow, I took pictures of some of the cute buns, and some new pics of some buns. So here they are.


M an' M's Bebop with his BOSB Ribbon from the RCRF Show A January 26th, 2008

M an' M's Daffodil's new pic for the website

M an' M's Daffodil X RH's Grasshopper's Broken Blue Junior Buck (FOR SALE) He is sooooooo cute!

M an' M's Daffodil X RH's Grasshopper's Kit, I just hope that when she is done moulting her eye circles come back....I swear they were there a week ago...^_^....LOL. She is a keeper! Great Bod.

M an' M's Zane's new pic for the website. He is just so cute!

This is M an' M's Dinky...yeah I know stupid name, but he is just soooooooo cute! Can you tell who his daddy is? Its M an' M's Zane...its in the head ^_^.

This little guy is the perfect ratio! 1/3 head and 2/3 body! Thats just the way I like them!
Isn't he just too cute?

Gosh! That head! Wowza!

I just can't get enough of this little guy! He is gonna kick butt on those spring show tables!

This is the little REW kit that is sibling to my adorable Sable Marten above. Doesn't this little REW remind you of a Netherland?

This is the last of Sophie's litter. A cute little chin kit.

Another pic of the cute little chin. It looks pretty funny right now because it's hair is so short.

These two Kotton Tales' Misty and B-mac's Royal Flush kits are just the opposite. Fuzzy Buns, that's for sure!


Anyways, thats all for now. New For Sale bun pics will be put up in the next few days on the website so check it out.

-Ashley

No comments: